Mid Kent Archery League (MKAL)
The Mid Kent Archery league (“MKAL”) is a friendly team competition and this year (2018) includes five teams from across the region. The most important rules for this year’s contest are below for your information.
If you want to shoot a league match you must have signed up to be part of the team by the Sunday before the match. Ideally, it would be good if you could give Stuart as much notice as possible of your interest in a match. However, you do not need to sign up to all league matches in the season!
As teams might be restricted to 12, archers places will be given on a first come first serve basis. The “Team Sheet” will be posted on the website and/or emailed to all participating Archers the week before the match.
On match day, if it is a home game, all archers should be at the field by 9:30am in order to help set up the field and prepare for the match. On away games, you should meet at the away teams ground by 10am to set up your bow and be ready for sighters. Please check the event page for away fixture venues.
If you want to sign up for a league match please complete the sign up sheet in the container or email:
(In your email can you please include: Name, Bow Style and round you wish to shoot)
League Match shooting
- All team scores will be on a handicap basis only.
- Clubs must provide current handicap ratings for their archers prior to each match.
- Newer archers not having shot the league previously will need to have a handicap by shooting three appropriate rounds before the league.
- The appropriate rounds to be shot by the MKAL are the following nine dozen rounds:
St George, Albion, Windsor, Short Windsor, Junior Windsor and Short Windsor.
(Have a look at the imperial classsification tables for details of these rounds)
- Matches shall be shot monthly
- Club scores shall be the aggregate of the top four individual scores in each match.
- Clubs shall be limited to 12 archers unless otherwise agreed by the clubs concerned.
- Trophies shall be awarded to the winning club(s)
- Medals shall be awarded to individual winners on a pure score basis. At least three matches shall have been shot to qualify for an individual award.
If you want to know more about the leagues please get in touch with Stuart